新浪微博@我们陪你跑 | 微信公号 陪你跑 | 喜马拉雅FM 陪你跑
Good, better, best
Never let it rest
Till good is better
And better is best
好,更好,最好
永远不要停止不前
直到好成为更好
更好成为最好
一直清晰地记得这首英文小诗,是初一时英文老师教我的。
这是一个真实的故事
I am made of sticking to my path, no matter what.
我会坚定不移地走我的路,无论发生什么。
——Christian Schiester
(克里斯蒂安·斯凯斯特,著名的越野跑和超长距离耐力跑者,1967年5月12日生于奥地利。1987年,克里斯蒂安是个体重达100kg,每天抽40根烟的20岁懒汉。
他改变了生活方式后,仅仅两年时间,就完成了纽约马拉松,并赢得奥地利半程马拉松冠军。此后,他赢得了无数的赛事,其中包括从2003年开始参加的撒哈拉沙漠地狱马拉松,以及2004年100英里的喜马拉雅越野赛,并打破了赛会记录15分钟。
2006年,他参加了穿越巴西丛林的马拉松,接下来又赢得2007年南极洲超级越野赛。2010年,他出色地完成了4场沙漠赛事系列,累计达1000km赛程。)
It was in February, 1989 and I was 22.
那是1989年2月,我22岁。
I smoked 40 cigarettes everyday and trunk had a lot of ache.
我每天抽40根烟,身体承受着很多疼痛。
So the doctor, he told me, ‘Man, if you don’t stop this life style, you will die.’
因此,医生对我说:“嘿,如果你不停止这样的生活方式,你就该去见上帝了。”
So I start running and I change my life.
于是我开始跑步并改变我的生活。
It’s easy to keep your body and easy to keep your brain, but I think it’s possible for everybody to change.
维持你的身体和灵魂一成不变很容易,但我认为每个人都有可能改变。
And if you have the chance, do it.
如果你需要改变,那就去做吧。
Go away from the street and run.
离开城市街道,跑起来。
It’s not necessary to think. Take your shoes and drive.
不需要思前想后,带上你的跑鞋,开车出去。
You have to fight, but if you fight against nature, you’ll lose.
你必须斗争,但你不能与大自然抗衡,否则你会失败。
The big better is to run with nature.
更好的方式是与大自然一起奔跑。
Everybody can make trails.
每个人都可以越野。
It’s really tough and painful, but it can get all the power out of my body.
越野真的很虐很痛苦,但它能激发我的身体迸发出所有的能量。
The dream is through the greatest places on this.
梦想就穿越在这些最美的地方。
You will smile if you die at this moment.
如果你在极度痛苦中虐过这一刻,你就会微笑。
For me, it’s buddy to have pain.
对我而言,疼痛是我的好伙伴。
It’s not your friend, but I take it and bring it to the finish line and say, ‘Goodbye,man.’
疼痛不是你的朋友,但我会带着它直到终点线,然后说:“再见,伙计。”
Better your best.
遇见更好的自己。
这是我喜欢的故事。你呢?